MIT Science Fiction Society
84 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02139
MITSFS Meeting Minutes
Friday, 23 August 2013
MITSFS meeting called to order, 64.8 Ksec SST,
Lemur Rowlands, Pseudo-Skinner, presiding; James Hobin, Onseck, recording.
MITSFS open house.
- Publicized Seldon showing
- Sell Niagaracomm books and memberships
- List of rules should be updated to be less scary (requires Skinnerial approval)
- Tuesday after Midway
- Potentially reserve a room in W20 for Seldon
- Colour of Magic (live action) would be good (4 hours, but can force people)
- Open house -> movie
- Free food for people who go to movie
- "1 hour open house followed by free dinner and a movie"
- hold in: 491 and thing opposite it
- Free food at all events
- Pizza for movie
- Poke undergrads to hold booth
- Work party to talk about becoming a key-holder
- Potentially have large discount on membership
Motion to breed genetically modified super-lamb bananas to fight alien invaders.
Motion passes 5-0-1 plus Spehn
Meeting adjourned, 66.4 Ksec SST.
James Hobin, Onseck